Badges can be used to restrict access to a publication. This means a reader can be prevented from viewing a publication unless they have been awarded the badge in another publication.
First, a publication must be set up to assign the badge:
- Create the badge in your account by navigating to Publications > Settings > Badges
- Ensure the publication that will award the badge is using a reader login, employee login or single sign-on security rule, so that the reader is identified
- Award the badge by assigning it to the result of a competition module in the publication.
The following steps are then applied to the publication that you wish to restrict:
- Create a new security rule, which uses the badge that was awarded above, and the same reader login, employee login or single sign-on (so that the reader is identified)
- Apply the new security rule to the publication by navigating to Manage > Security Rules tab > selecting the rule from the drop-down menu.