Creating a badge
To create a badge, navigate to Publications > Settings > Badges and select Add New.
The only required field for a badge is a name, however, there are several other settings you can configure.
- Description - Optional description text.
- Badge image - Upload an image in jpeg, gif or png format. The image must be 1:1 ratio (square) and between 100 and 500 pixels in size.
- Expire after - Set an amount of time in minutes, hours, days, weeks, months or years for the badge to expire after. After this time has passed, the badge will be omitted from the reader’s records.
- Expire On - Set a specific date and time that the badge will expire on. Once this date and time have passed, the badge will be omitted from the reader’s records.
- Hidden - Hide the badge from future use. This will not affect instances where the badge is already in use.
Did you know...?
A new section called Certificate was added this year. This should only be completed if you wish to set up certified learning. Find out more here.
Awarding a badge
Badges are awarded to a reader when they obtain a specific result from completing a competition module (multiple choice question, self-assessment quiz, survey).
To award the badge, you will need to assign it to the appropriate assessment result. Edit your assessment module and select the Results tab. You can then select the badge’s name from the Award Badge drop-down list.
In addition to awarding the badge, you can use dynamic tokens in the quiz result’s content to notify the reader of their achievement.
The following tokens are available:
The placeholder will be replaced with the name of the badge
The placeholder will be replaced with the badges image in pixels. Five sizes of image are available; 100, 200, 300, 400 and 500 pixels.
More about competition modules and the Results section can be found here.
The reader must be logged in using reader login, employee number login or single sign-on to be awarded a badge. This is so PageTiger can identify them and associate the awarding of the badge with their identity.